Fire damages Chad’s Hope in Manchester

The City of Manchester Fire Department along with the Burning Springs Fire Department was dispatched by Clay County 911 around 1 a.m. on Thursday to a fire at Chad’s Hope.

The Manchester Fire Department posted on Facebook that when they arrived at the scene, there was heavy smoke throughout the building, which is used as a drug treatment center.

Firefighters worked to put out the fire by accessing the building through the roof.

The initial investigation shows a small attic fire around the chimney is where the fire began.

Clay County dispatch informs that the building was evacuated around 1 a.m.

According to a statement from Chad’s Hope on their Facebook page, the fire and damages “did not affect the greater part of the building” and left the dorm and offices unharmed. However, as a safety precautions, the students were moved to a nearby hotel overnight.

Additionally, several local churches and organizations, as well as local citizens and supporters have called in to offer food, money, and supplies according to the statement.

“I am so very thankful that none of the staff or students were hurt and I am equally thankful for all the support from the community,” says Steve May, Executive Director of Chad’s Hope. “God truly watches over His own. I believe this gives yet another meaning to Thanksgiving – thankful for God’s protection and intervention.”